Dishwasher Gfi Pops
Home-Wizard™ calculates your ideal home care program to avoid problems with your Dishwasher, but sometimes trouble can still occur. Here are answers to questions about dishwasher gfi pops.
QUESTION FROM Donna
QUESTION from "Donna":
Our GFI keeps popping when we run the dishwasher - but we've had it for 8 years and have not relocated any other items. It won't pop if we run on a low energy cycle - but if we run it on normal it pops.
ANSWER FROM HOME-WIZARD
Regarding your GFI tripping off when you run your dishwasher on its normal energy cycle but not on the low energy cycle, it could be a couple of things happening:
1) as GFIs ("ground fault interrupters") get older over time, they sometimes begin to trip at lower power levels. So in other words, it may have been fine operating at let's say 20 amps for years, but now it trips at 18 amps as the GFI has worn out.
2) Your dishwasher may be exeriencing a power surge when the heater for your dishwasher's normal power kicks on, and this is what is tripping your GFI.
Either way, you probably want a qualified electrician to test your GFI and dishwasher.
Hope this is helpful.
- Dishwasher Mold Formation >
- Dishwasher Heating Element Problems >
- Dishwasher Water Accumulation >
- Dishwasher Dishwater Arm Clogged >
- Dishwasher Won't Drain >
- Dishwasher Won't Work >
- Dishwasher Black Rubber Buildup >
- Dishwasher Detergent Question >
- Dishwasher Dispenser Malfunctioning >
- Dishwasher Maintenance Issues >
- Dishwasher Mildew Buildup >
- Dishwasher Noise >
- Dishwasher Plug Inlet Drain >
- Dishwasher Refinish Dishwasher Basket >
- Dishwasher Rust Buildup >
- Dishwasher Rust Stain Remover >
- Dishwasher Washer Failure >
- Dishwasher Waste Discharge Blocked >
- Dishwasher Water Seeping >